Biometric Cashless Catering System - Civica
New Biometric Cashless Catering System - Civica
As you are aware, UTC Plymouth currently uses a cashless catering system called Civica, which runs alongside Parentpay. We would like to inform you that due to several issues with these systems in the last academic year, we will be relaunching both systems this year, using a new biometric system. The new system will allow us to continue with the development of the school meal service, and will provide us with a more efficient, faster and ultimately better quality of service.
This system incorporates the latest technology and eliminates the need for pupils to carry cash throughout the day. As it is biometric, there is no need for pupils to carry a card as the system will recognise the thumb of your child at the tills.
In order for us to get the biometric system set up at the beginning of the new academic year and as per current legislation, we will require parental consent and would therefore ask you to complete the google consent form using the following link: Biometric consent form This letter will also be emailed to parents/guardians and will be on our website. If you choose not to have your child registered on the Biometric System, a 4 digit PIN code will be allocated. Please note that PIN codes do not have the same level of security and it will be your child’s responsibility to remember the code and keep it secure at all times.
Can you please ensure that you complete the consent form by no later than Friday 10th September. Yours sincerely
Head Teacher UTC Plymouth
ParentPay - our new online payment service
We are pleased to announce that we will shortly be accepting payments online for items such as dinner money, school trips and uniform. Using a secure website called ParentPay you will be able to pay online using your credit / debit card or continue to make cash payments at PayPoint stores. ParentPay will be our preferred method of making payments to school.
What are the benefits to parents & pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
- Full payment histories, balance alerts and statements are available to you securely online at anytime
What are the benefits to our school?
- You can help us reduce workloads for all staff as no more counting cash, chasing debt and stop cash collection services
- Creates more time to lend to educational support and the smooth running of the school
- Improves school security
- Using ParentPay also ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure - helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school premises
The more parents that use ParentPay, the greater the benefit is to our school.
How to get started with ParentPay?
We will send you your account activation details. Once you receive these:
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage
NB. These are for one-time use only, please choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account - registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
If you have any questions, please contact the school finance office. For more information, visit www.parentpay.com/parents/