The main responsibilities of the UTC Board of Governors are:
1. To act within the formal powers and rules as set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
2. To determine the educational character and mission of the UTC and to exercise oversight of its activities.
3. To approve the quality improvement strategy for the institution.
4. To ensure the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the UTC and to safeguard its assets.
5. To act in the best interests of the UTC.
6. To be fully informed about the operation of the UTC.
7. To ensure decisions are always taken for the benefit of the UTC, its students, staff and other users and with a view of safeguarding public funds.
8. To act as individuals and not bound by mandates from other bodies.
9. To attend UTC events, such as student awards presentations and open days, in order to gain an appreciation of and support the work of the UTC.
The Board of Governors meets regularly to review the work of the UTC and discuss any future developments in line with the above powers and responsibilities.
Meet Our Governors
How to contact the Board of Governors
If you wish to contact any member of the Board of Governors you will need to do so via the Clerk to the Board:
Clerk to the UTC Board of Governors