Decisions are made on the basis of student safety – both from the perspective of physical site safety and on the basis of sufficient staff being able to reach school to ensure safe supervision of our students. We may, at our discretion, decide to close the school to some year groups and keep it open for others.
We will do everything in our power to make and publish our decision by 7:30 am on the day in question; however, it must be appreciated that some situations may not give us enough notice to do so!
If you think there may be a possibility of the school closing, we ask that you check using the following methods:
1. We will use THIS WEBSITE for an alert. – The College Status will be broadcasted on the school homepage to indicate whether the school is closed or not. If the website is normal then the school is open as usual.
2. Plymouth City Council will be informed and the closure will be published at www.plymouth.gov.uk/schoolclosures
3. Messages will appear on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
4. Local Radio Stations will be informed (Heart FM, Radio Plymouth, BBC Radio Devon and Radio Cornwall).
5. We will use out automated email system to advise parents (please be aware that bulk emails of this nature can take time to arrive and may be reliant on external networks.
Please DO NOT telephone Reception as this blocks our telephone lines that are needed for urgent outgoing calls.
Thank you for your help in this matter. Messages to email@example.com will be handled as soon as possible.